Now is a good time to consider AC upgrades before the rush on services starts in a few months! Commercial HVAC upgrades or a new AC unit installation are often less expensive than expected and offer new benefits for your business. Retrofits, in particular, are an investment that will pay for themselves in employee comfort and safety. Here are five reasons to consider commercial AC upgrades in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, TX this year:
- Comfort: Your bottom line depends on employee productivity. Workers cannot be efficient if they are uncomfortable. Newer HVAC systems run efficiently, control humidity, keep your premises warm or cool and even add to indoor air quality. They are often quieter, too, eliminating possible noise annoyance. There is no doubt that a new HVAC system will contribute to a happier and more productive work environment.
- Energy costs: Older HVAC systems are utility bill killers. New technology made these systems more efficient, which reduces your monthly electric bill. Businesses report saving up to 40 percent each month on energy costs once they replace or retrofit their HVAC. That leaves little doubt that your upgrade will pay for itself! You enjoy this benefit more if you retrofit, as you will enjoy the same energy savings while also paying less for installation.
- Fewer repairs: If you are on a first-name basis with your HVAC contractor, it is likely time to consider an upgrade. Old systems do not just demand energy—they also require repairs. During these times of breakdown, employees must deal with a humid and uncomfortable environment while you anticipate the next repair bill. This situation costs you money in more ways than one—you have to pay for repairs, but also pay for reduced worker productivity while waiting for your HVAC to work again. When you consider this annoyance, it is suddenly easier to spend a weekend upgrading your system and worry less about breakdowns.
- Good return on investment: By now, you likely realize that new or retrofitted HVAC systems save you time and money. Between repair cost savings and reduced utility bills, you receive an excellent return on investment. If you add better worker comfort due to improved heating and cooling and indoor air quality, it is easy to see how this investment is worth its startup cost.
- Longer HVAC lifespan: Unexpected HVAC breakdowns wreak havoc on commercial budgets. If you live on the edge with an older system that acts up, you risk an expensive nightmare that may require taking out a loan. Even if you pay for repairs, you still have no idea when the next breakdown occurs. By retrofitting or upgrading, your worries about breakdowns disappear. A planned upgrade is easier on the budget, and it helps your system last longer as it saves you money.
If you decide to invest in new AC unit installation, it pays to check your electrical system, too. C&F Electrical can examine your system to make sure it’s ready for new and improved HVAC. We serve many businesses in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, TX, and we are prepared to offer the same commitments to you. Call us today to schedule an appointment or take advantage of a maintenance contract.